Monday 23 June 2008

Special speaker coming 2 FCBC and a rude taxi driver

Well I will have two entry but I am writing as one entry. As the first entry took place on Sunday and

the second entry took place yesterday. On 22 June (Sun) I went to church and we have a special

speaker coming to Faith Community Baptist Church to preach sermon to us. He is from South

Africa. In the beginning of the he started off by telling us his life story. He told us that his wife died of

cancer and that his three children got married and that he have two grandchildren. After that he ask

his son to tell us about his mum passed away and how he overcome with it. After that he started

with the sermon. The title of the sermon is "Having God's Heart For The Multitudes". His essence

when he speak I cannot understand cause he tend to speak very fast and we cannot catch what he

just said when we are too focused on what he just said. He is just like a machine gun. And worst of

all the points that he just mention on the powerpoint slides it was not copied down by some of us as

it was too fast. And that it was only two points that he just said. It is not like any other sermon that

other speaker had preach. Rev Wes Richard's sermon was short and so we do not know what he

was trying to said.


This is the second entry that took place yesterday. It was 8.32pm when I was going home after

work. I was at Potong Pasir MRT to wait for a cab. Interestingly when he drive me home he told me

that I could wheel myself from Potong Pasir MRT to my house. He told me that it will take 5 minutes .

just to reached my house. I told him that it is impossible for me to wheel myself home as the road

are not even and there are lots of obstacle that I encounter cause I have tried to wheel myself home

and that I tel him that it took me 1 1/2hr to wheel myself home and he was so angry to hear that I

said I took 1 1/2hr to wheel myself home. But I tell him that people on wheelchair are not so mobile

compared to people that are walking. And I told him that if my house is just next to the MRT I could

just wheel myself to the MRT and not rely on taxi and he told me that Potong Pasir MRT to

MacPherson Estate (that is where I stay) is very near. And I was thinking to myself, if he does not

want to fetch me then in the first place he shouldn't have stop for me when I flag for a cab. and I also

think to myself that since I am the passenger and that I wanted to take a cab shouldn't he be glad

that I let him earned money. I really hope that my house is next to the MRT and that I could just wheel

myself to the MRT. He is the first taxi driver that I come cross who tell me this sort of things. Lastly I

know one thing for sure that is whenever the taxi driver saw us (people on wheelchair) they will not

stop for us as they think that it is troublesome for them to help us. I really don't know what other

transportation we can take except taxi's. The wheelchair accessible bus around my house is not yet

accessible for us to take. If the bus is ready I would rather take bus then to take taxi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home