Monday 7 July 2008

Wheel, Walk & Jog


Yesterday at about 6.30am I woke up early to get ready to go Handicaps Welfare Association before 8am cause the last shuttle service at HWA ends at 8am. HWA organised Wheel, Walk and Jog event at Botanic Garden. When we reached there it was so crowded with alot of wheelchair people and volunteers. When I get my T-shirt from the registration counter I wanted to change my church t-shirt into the t-shirt that they give but I was being pushed to the starting line of the walk. I realized that there was no volunteer attached to me. Then I said to myself "Well if there is no volunteer attached to me then I just have to wheel myself." When the bell goes off I just wheel myself but then I realized nobody is moving and I think to myself that since the bell has go off why is everybody not moving. And one of the volunteer said to me I am the first one to step out of the starting line and I said to her I know I am a bit fast but I don't know why is everybody not moving when the bell goes off. And I pushed myself until one of the volunteer saw me that I am wheeling myself alone then she came to help me. But I told her not to push me until I am tired. And so I wheel myself until the slope where I have no strength to push already then someone came to help me cause the slope was very steep. And when it come to a downslope I told the volunteer to let go as she does not know how to slow down. And so I went downslope myself and I was faster then the volunteer that she cannot catch up with me cause I was very fast. And so at about 9 plus we reached to the finishing line and we get our goodies bag. We though the goodies bag can get from the registration counter but they told us to get our goodies bag from the finishing line. And so we mingled around but I don't know where and what should I do. After coming out from the Ladies I wheel and wheel myself and I saw Julie and I told her that "Actually I wanted to come to church but Francis from HWA called me and ask me to come for this event." And she asked me "which service do I attend" and I said "I am attending the Youth service" and I said that "the shuttle service can only send us back to HWA between 12pm to 1pm and that I have no time to go for my service." Then she tell me that she will also go off early then I said if you go off early then I go off early with you. Then we left at 10am and on the way out wanted to get a cab I saw Gladys boyfriend Samuel when I crossed the road and I ask him "Are the two of you going to church later after Gladys have finished the event. Then he said "Yes, we are going then I said maybe I can go with you guys to church. And so I told Julie that I am going to church with Gladys and her boyfriend and I ask her and her boyfriend to go first. Then Samuel and I head back to the Botanic Garden to wait for Gladys to finished. And the whole event finishes at 12pm and I told Samuel that I go to the ladies first. And when I came out I thought of going to the stage area as I thought Gladys and Samuel might be still there. But luckily I saw Samuel and I thought they already left without me. And so we went to church together and we went to the petrol station to get a cab and it was hard to get a cab as the cab are on "Hired" And finally we got a cab and on the way it was drizzling and I said since it is drizzling where do you wanna stop the taxi then I said "we can stop the taxi at the taxi stand where it is sheltered and that it is easier for us too. When we went reached Expo I called Amanda and ask her where they are and she said "She is at Cosmo 4. When I reached Cosmo 4 I am just in time to have cell as they have not started yet. And Pei Ee and Andy was surprised to see me there as I told them that I am not coming as I have an event going on. And when we have finished cell we wheel ourself in for service and that I saw Joanna and I tap on her shoulder and she was surprised that I came for service and she tell me that there is no transport to send me back and I said "it is ok, I will go home myself" then she said "she will try to ask the driver to send me back" And so I went in for service and we started out by singing worship songs and took our communion. When we finished worshiping God with songs then Pastor Eugene invited Pastor Bray to come up on stage. And started singing songs which I don't know what he is singing. Through the whole service I do not understand what Pastor Bray is preaching and that the sermon was so little of things to be copied down. Through the service I felt like sleeping as I was tired cause I woke up at 6.30am. Then when the service ended Tommy came up to me. When I know what Tommy wanted to tell me I alreay know what he is going to said. And so he told me that the driver cannot send me back as he is a person who do not like to send us back. And so I stay in until the service ended and Pei Ee offered to send me back but then she realized that she have Faith's baby stroller with her and that the booth might not have space. And so she wanted to give me money to go home by taxi but I told her I will take MRT but she said I will still need to take a cab from the MRT but I said I still have money. Then I sms Gladys and ask her if she want to walk with me to the MRT but she did not reply me and so I know that her phone is on silent mode and so I called her instead and I ask her where she is and she said she is walking out of the hall and I ask her if she want to go off with me to take MRT and she ask me where am I and I said I am inbetween Hall 8 and Hall 9 and so I told Andy that they can go ahead while I wait for Gladys and Pei Ee said she will wait for Gladys with me. And when Gladys came we went off together and coincidental I saw Ming Chun at the platform and he asked me where I am lighting off and I said I am lighting off at Potong Pasir as there is only taxi stand over there and that Aljunied MRT do not have taxi stand. And so he asked me to think of where to stop as he and his member, David wanted to stop at Eunos cause there is direct bus for him and he ask me to take a cab back from there. But I said I have not eaten my lunch as he said he wanted to go for lunch and so we stop at Aljunied MRT and we went to see where can we eat. And we have found a place to eat and the stall uncle was so kind that he did not charge us for the food and Ming Chun feel bad about it. I am happy that I can eat with Ming Chun again. Hey... Ming Chun, remember to arrange for me, Gladys and Andrew to go makan again hor. Don't forget. Hehe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home