Sunday 12 October 2008

Encounter Weekend 2008

After a very very long time, here I am blogging again. Cause I have been busy with my work. Well this is my 2nd time attending Encounter Weekend and after much waiting, I finally going for encounter weekend organised by my church [Faith Community Baptist Church (FCBC)]. It is a 3-days teaching sessions held at Marine Parade Touch Centre, from 10 - 12 October 2008.
On 10 October, I reached Marine Parade close to 7pm took my dinner while waiting for Amanda but I also tried to call Pastor Wendy but she did not answer me my phone as I thought she will be busy or that her handphone was not with her and maybe the music is too loud.While waiting I met Christine (Pastor Wendy's 12) and she bring me up and at the same time Amanda just reached Touch Centre, and when I reached I register my name and I saw Pastor Wendy and Pastor Angela. Pastor Wendy was so happy to see me then she arrange a place for me to sit, and at the same time Amanda have reached. When the session starts, we had worship session. during the woship session, while worshipping, i do not know why, but my tears were falling down from my eyes. After half an hour of worship, we had a teaching session on the topic of how to have a true encounter with God. The pastor who was teaching this topic uses a character from the bible, named Job to illustrate about his life and how it had been before and after he had encounter God. After this teachings, we then went back home.

On the following day, we are supposed to be @ Marine Parade @ 8 30am. We then had our breakfast with all the other ladies who attended the encounter after which is a long day of teachings like 'Repentance' of our sins, and after repenting, to enjoy the 'joy of forgiveness', 'plan of redemption', 'water baptism', and the 'breaking of curses'. Throughout the whole sessions, the presence of the Holy Spirit was so strong that i wouldnt control myself but seemed to wept during the session.

Finally, it had reached the last day of the encounter. during this time, we learn about the 'faith to heal the soul', about the importance of 'family', 'baptism of the holy spirit', and the 'vision of success'. At the very last part of the session, was a "Family Small Group" sharing session. You might be wondering are we having a Small Group sharing session with our family. Well the answer is we are have a "Family Small Group" sharing session with our spiritual family, my cell leader Pei Ee. During this session, we were supposed to share about what we have learnt throughout this whole 3-day session. Over at this point, while I was sharing about what I had learnt, and that I have learn to Forgive and Forget. And I said I forgive my father for what he had done to the family. But seriously even if I forgive I need not express myself by telling my father that I forgive cause it will only cause me to remember the past but the Pastor told us not to remember the past and look at the brighter side or else your heart would not be really be open and to forgive that person. Well it really took me 23years to really forgive my dad and forget the past. I encouraged those who see my blog that you would really be able to forgive your parents or people around you that have hurt you by saying those nasty words that you do not wish to hear and that it is not true that they said about you. When I almost falling asleep my dad came home and they were talking till I could hear them talking and just wanted to tell them not to talk loud when I am sleeping but I just did not tell them as if I ask them not to talk my dad would shout at me saying "Shut up and go to sleep" and I overheard my dad blaming my mum that she have the custody of the children and my mum tell him that he is a bankruptcy man and that he do not admit and I was thinking to myself that if "he have the custody of the children would he be able to take care of us.

All in all, I am also very grateful for Pastor Wendy who help to allocate people like Christine, Yvonne, Pastor Angela and Pastor Wendy, herself to help me throughout the whole sessions of the encounter. Also thanks to Pei Ee who even took time to come to the encounter to accompany and help us out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home