Thursday 10 July 2008

Singapore Bay Run

I really have no idea that there is Singapore Bay Marathon coming up. I got an email from Boon Pin yesterday saying that Toa Payoh SAFRA is having a Singapore Bay Marathon and that I tried to call the person-in-charge but there are nobody answering the phone and so I call them this morning and still nobody answer the phone. And at last there is someone answering the phone and I said I would like to enquire about the Singapore Bay Marathon that is held on the 24 Aug (Sun). I ask them if a wheelchair-user can participate in the marathon and I ask if I can take part in the 21KM but they told me that it is not advisable to have anything that s related to wheels to be on the track. And they said that I can only run the 6KM or 10KM run cause for the 21KM run it is a competitive run whereas for the 6KM and 10KM it is a non-competitive run. Competitive run means to run for the medal and non-competitive isn't getting a medal cause if I run for the 21KM it will be dangerous and they said they will confirm with me if I can run the race. And so in the afternoon the organizer call me back with regard to whether I can take part in the marathon. Hurray... The organizer said that I can take part in the race but I will be the last in line with the rest so as to be safe. Well this is my 2nd time taking part in the marathon. The coming up 4 the next marathon which is the Stand Chart Marathon will be on the 7 Dec. Asian Women's Welfare Association is incorporated with NCSS for the Stand Chart Marathon. If they agreed that wheelchair-user can take part in the race of cause I will be taking part again. But this time maybe I will take part in the 10KM run. Please pray that I am still fit to run for the race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home